Following your sinus lift surgery at Fresh Pond Dentistry in Cambridge, you may notice some swelling. This can be alleviated by using ice packs regularly while you are awake, in fifteen minute intervals.
When Bleeding Occurs:
Bleeding is common and a small amount is expected following the operation and for the next 24 hours. If bleeding occurs you can place a sterile gauze pad on treated area and gently bite down for thirty minutes. If active bleeding persists please call Fresh Pond Dentistry in Cambridge for further instruction.
What to Take for Pain:
- Ice packs are recommended and encouraged for the first 36 hours following your surgery. You can apply ice regularly while you are awake in short fifteen minute intervals.
- Take over-the-counter medicines like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Advil, and Motrin for pain relief. Please follow the package directions for dosage information. If the pain does not ease after three days or if the pain has increased, please give our office a call for some further advice.
- If you have been prescribed medicine for extreme pain please note that the medication may make you tired and can cause slower reflexes.
- If you were prescribed an antibiotic, please finish your prescription regardless of your symptoms. Unless you have a rash, then stop taking the prescription and speak with an associate at our office for further instruction.
Please Try to Avoid:
- Keep your fingers and tongue away from the surgical site.
- On the day of surgery or while there is bleeding do not rinse your mouth. Do not wear dentures until instructed to by your dentist.
- Avoid all alcoholic beverages.
- Try not blowing your nose and/or aggressively wiping it
- Smoking is strongly prohibited
If all is followed, the healing time should be pain-free and a successful surgery can be guaranteed.
Your dentist in Cambridge cares about your health and well being. Please feel free to give us a call with any questions or concerns!